Aeof Kukri Knife – 11″ British Gurkha Khukuri
Aeof Kukri 11″ Blade with 5″ Rosewood handle, Overall length 16 Inches, Thickness about 10mm at Spine Unolished blade, sharp edge, Full tang rosewood handle, Refine Buffalo leather sheath
Razor Sharp blade, Easy to sharp, Balance water tempered.
About Aeof Kukri Gurkhas Knife
This is the current issue Aeof Kukri Knife for Gurkhas who are in Afghan war. Therefore the name derived after the Afghanistan. The Gurkhas are deployed since the war started for Enduring Operation Freedom in Afghanistan. The Regiment is decided to carry new Aeof Kukri fit to the Afghan environment.
Therefore the Afghan AEOF Kukri is issued to Gurkhas. It is about 16″ in overall length with an 11″ Double Fullered (Angkhola Style) semi-polished made of high graded carbon Steel, very sharp kurka blade.
The handle is made of Rose-wood. The shape is different and has finger grip. The scabbard is natural leather which is brown color. Two small knife “karda”and” Chakmak” are free with this Aeof Kukri Knife. “karda”sharp one is for small type of work like skining animals etc. and “chakmak’ blunt one is for sharpening the blade.
This Aeof Kukri Knife can be used to cut wood, meat, clearing bushes etc. The craftsmanship on this kukri knife is amazing, so if you are looking for the finest quality Kukri blade for “Christmas Gift”, you will not be disappointed.
Karda & Chakmak: These are small knives come with the purchase of Aeof Kukri Knife.
Karda is small knife used of skinning animal hairs and Chakmak which has blunt edge is used for sharpening the Kukri blade.
Specification of 11″ Afghanistan Enduring Operation Freedom – Aeof Kukri Knife:
This is handcrafted kukri therefore please note that each one might have slight variations in measurement.
- Aeof Kukri Blade size & Type: 11 inch (27.5cm) Handmade and Unpolished blade.
- Handle size: 5 Inches (11.25cm) full tang handle Indian Rosewood.
- Overall Length: 15.5 inches (38.75cm) from tip of the blade to pommel of the handle (Aprox)
- Weight: 1.76 lbs (800 grams) Approx, Blade and Sheath & Karda & Chakmak.
- Scabbard: Cotton Covered in Buffalo Leather Shipping weight: 3.00 lbs or 1.5 Kg
- Origin: Hand forge at Ex Gurkha Khukuri House factory in Dharan, East Nepal.
- Blade Hardness: spine: 22-25 RC, Belly: 45-46 RC,
- Edge: 58-60 RC, Steel.
Authentic Aeof Kukri (khukuri) knife directly from Official Supplier to the Gurkhas in Nepal. Handmade by “Bishwakarmas” (Born khukuri Makers) using the top quality materials in a very traditional way with predictable tools.